Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pantry Overload!

I love love love having a pantry! It's great but I am not using my space very well at all. My budget is $0 so it's time to scour the house and see what I can find to fix my disorganization. I have a hard time finding things which means putting things away is also difficult.


I took down the unused chore chart. One big over sized chart for two kids didn't work. Magnets ended up everywhere and I had to store them out of reach for DS2 which means DS6 doesn't use it and has barely earned any allowance all summer long.

I printed some labels for the shelves and since I don't have a laminater I placed them in snack size baggies and clipped them to the shelves. Baking supplies on top, boxes on the second shelf, cans on the third and pasta on the bottom shelf. I placed the paper towels and napkins in an unused clear tote.

 I used packaging tape to attach labels to the baskets. Chips on top so the ideally don't get squished by DS2 then two snacks baskets easy to reach and easy to see when we need more.
I also took the recycling out. Amazing how that makes such a difference.


So an afternoon well spent and one more less messy place in the house.


Have a great day,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment