Thursday, September 20, 2012

Budget Plans

We hit the big old goose egg in the bank account, Ugh! I was panicking the whole time too. I was super worried about all the auto payments that would come out on Monday and how we wouldn't receive a paycheck until Wednesday. I just didn't want to have to pay bank fees and deal with all trouble.

Enter stage left My husband was here to save the day! He had a solution and fixed everything. I finally have my banking software balance current since a 0 makes things really easy to handle. The paycheck went in and I got to work planning how we would spend our money responsibly and not have to rely on credit or see that dreaded goose egg again.

I'm sure there is some deep meaning behind my inability to plan things out but it just hasn't hit me over the head just yet. 

So I took a deep breath Ok maybe I took two. I put my big girl panties on and I got to work. I have been using a print out sheet just to sort of track at a glance how I am spending my money and to see what bills are due.

It's nothing fancy. I tried to break things down weekly so it is manageable. The amount category is in grey, since most bills are semi predictable I just put the average. Things like our weekly car payment withdrawal almost never get written over. But things like the water and electric tend to change a little. I used to track our fuel expenses religiously but have gotten out of the rhythm of tallying it each week.

If you'd like a copy of my form just leave a comment and I'll send it you.
Have a great day!
Nina

1 comment:

  1. I have a problem opening mail.... or finding it sometimes rather :) We are doing Dave Ramsey and I just made a bill/debt notebook to help me keep track of it all! It's working nicely so far, and we are on our way out of debt as well!
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete