Monday, May 21, 2012

May I?

Last month I wanted to know where you are? We are constantly pulled in different directions and it feels crazy, insane, wonderful, joyous and just plain amazing to be alive and have people that need you. 

Who needs you? Do you put others at the forefront and allow yourself to be consumed by them? 

I recently posted on fb  Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. It sparked this mini debate about being codependent. I realize that I am an odd duck since I am lost without my family. No really I do feel lost when I have unannounced free time I usually just take a nap.

I am trying to break the urge to go shopping all the time. As it turns out, shopping as a hobby is really hard to break. Especially when you grow up not knowing better. Credit card debit will certainly change your opinion on that real quick. robbing Peter to pay Paul is no way to live.

The house is slowly getting in shape. I am so proud of myself for my mail sorting task! Today I brought in the mail and opened it all. YES even the letter from the IRS that made me want to run and hide under the covers. The center island remained clean and I even helped Mark clean up the dishes mess that the boys and I made from our quick dinner. Oh do I have a long road ahead but I'll get there one baby step at a time. just like flylady says you can do anything for 15 minutes so I'm off to clean up the rest of my mess in the kitchen!

Love you all! 
Nina

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I am new to your blog! Thanks for posting! We have a lot in common! :) I found your blog through a comment you made on listplanit. I found an e-book that has changed my world when it comes to decluttering and maintaining a clean house. I thought I was the only one who struggled with opening all of the mail! I have it on my "list" every day!! I am looking forward to following your blog! Tiffany from Getting Back to Simple http://msbrownschmitt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete